If you’re looking for a go-to meal, or just a delicious lunch, then you will love this quick and easy recipe for Chicken Soup. The key is to start with fresh ingredients. No more canned soups filled sodium and ingredients you can’t pronounce. Just delicious, wholesome chicken noodle soup with fresh veggies!
Whole Chicken Noodle Goodness
Ingredients (2 large servings or 4 small servings)
- 1 Boneless chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 2 small carrots (diced)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped and diced)
- 4 cups of Low-sodium, fat-free organic chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Noodles (your choice – we used wide egg noodles)
- Place boneless chicken breast on broiler pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes (until done all the way through).
- Place pot on stove with 4 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- While chicken is roasting, chop celery, carrots, and onion. Add to the boiling broth. Add cumin and black pepper and stir gently. Reduce heat just below bowling and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Chop roasted chicken into small bite-sized pieces and add to the broth and vegetables. Return to boiling and stir gently. Cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to rest for about 20 minutes. (If you’re ready to eat, you can skip allowing the soup to rest for 20 minutes – this time just enhances the flavors more).
- Just before serving, turn soup back to boiling, add 2 cups of noodles and the cornstarch, and stir gently. Once it reaches boiling point, reduce heat and cook about 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.
NOTE: You can use more chicken broth for a thinner soup or to feed more. It depends on your preference! This soup is just as delicious the next day so go ahead – double the recipe!
Delicious served with grilled cheese sandwiches, or simply served alone! Enjoy.