It’s officially summer travel season and that means the suitcases come out and all of our belongings get crammed into them. I’ll be honest and say that I have a passion for vintage luggage. Our modern stuff is just too black, too shiny, and too mundane. Give me a pea green leather suitcase any day! Besides, I’m sure the airport luggage guys would enjoy seeing a bit more variety during their day. Don’t you?
With the temperatures rising, get ready to travel in style this summer because vintage luggage is back and everyone is hoping to scoop up another piece for their collection.
Here are some fun links for my fellow vintage luggage lovers:
- Louis Vuitton just came out with the most incredible, interactive website called The Art of Packing. Part game, part advertisement for their largest of bags, this site is definitely something to check out, if only to kill a few minutes and pack pretty things you don’t own.
- In the market for some vintage luggage? You’ll definitely want to check out the Vintage Seekers’ Luxury Luggage guide to learn how to spot a rare piece and discover just how much is too much to pay for a vintage Prada.
- If you already own a lot of vintage luggage but don’t know how to restore it properly, Go Nomad has a great article on Travel Chic: How to Refurbish Vintage Luggage. From how to get rid of funky smells to repainting your case, you’ll find everything you need to know here.
- If you’re like me and enjoy a good upcycle, you’ll really get a kick out of these re-purposed cat beds by Atomic Attic. Whose cat doesn’t enjoy snuggling in their freshly packed suitcase?
- My boyfriend was in the Navy and thus possesses insane folding skills (a dry cleaning lady in Scotland actually tried to hire him). If you want that same knowledge, e-How shared some tips on How to Fold Clothes in the Military.