I have a major weakness for sock yarn. There’s just something so wonderful about its soft squishy-ness and the way the colors intertwine and play with the finely twisted fiber. During the winter months my feet are seldom without a pair of hand-knit socks, so maybe I also love sock yarn because I love the way it feels on my feet, so cozy and warm. Etsy is full of incredibly talented fiber artists and I’ve gathered up a few of my favorite sock yarns for you to oogle over with me. And, in honor of our first Iowa snow I’ve dug up some beautiful, pale wintery colors.
1. HOOT – Turbo Monkey Hand Painted Superwash from hlmiller $20
2. Naturally Dyed Superwash – Silver Walnut Tweed from greenprariefibers $16
3. Blue Label Fingering Weight, Shadow Gray from tanisfiberarts $21
4. Hand Dyed Merino and Silk w/ Real Silver from rainydayswoolydogs $28
5. Ash Pink – Laine Claude II Sock Yarn from tricoquelicot $20.50
6. Shades of Grey Superwash Merino from damselflyyarns $20