liane creates pillows out of both vintage and new textiles – including her trademark tea-stained hemp. the pillows are then stuffed with either kapok or cotton.
“kapok?” you say. well, maybe you didn’t say that, but i sure did! liane explained, “kapok is a soft fluffy material sort of like cotton but silkier. It comes from the seedpod of the kapok tree. It’s grown without herbicides or pesticides and can grow in poor soil. The material is light and boyant and resistant to water. It was used in the past as a filling for life preservers for those reasons. It’s hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly.”
we’ll get to the giveaway in a sec but liane was so generous as to offer scoutie girl readers a 20% discount off their purchase at enhabiten. just enter “scoutie girl” in the notes at check out & you’ll be reimbursed for the discount on the cost of the merchandise. offer is good through july 26th.
up for grabs this week is one of enhabiten’s 12″x12″ cross pillows (your choice of black or white cross, kapok or cotton filling). here’s how to win:
- pop over to enhabiten, find something you like, come back here & leave a comment.
- contest ends Sunday, July 26th at midnight.
- to earn a second entry, share this giveaway with your network! tweet this: “win an @enhabiten pillow on @scoutiegirlblog http://bit.ly/tejTV #giveaway” OR share the link on facebook & become a fan of scoutie girl (leave a comment on the fan page to let me know!).
- one (1) winner will be selected at random and notified by email.
- winner has 24 hours to confirm, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
interested in sponsoring a giveaway?