Without fail, every year there is someone on my gift list how is almost impossible to shop for. This year, though, I decided to make the gift-giving fun, stress-free, and creative.
Introducing: the Gift of Inspiration.
For the creatives in your life, this can be customized a million different ways, within every imaginable budget to create the most swoon-worthy mood board. Even better? The recipient gets to set the mood board up themselves, so their final vision may be something completely different from what you expected – making it fun for both of you!
What You’ll Need:
- Magazine and/or book pages
- A variety of ribbons and/or twine
- Washi tape
- A variety of found objects
- Cutting mat
- Before doing anything you need to plan out your mood board idea. Develop a concept or color scheme that fits your recipient’s personality.
- Begin gathering magazine/book pages and found objects that clearly represent your recipient and mood board idea.
- Get crafty! Use patterned paper, glitter, and tape to create shapes, letters, embellished clothespins, and anything else you think your recipient will fall in love with.
- Once you think you’ve got a complete idea, package your supplies in a cute kraft bag. You can use some of the supplies to decorate the bag, as shown above.
I guarantee any creative in your life will love this gift and the thought you put into it. And your budget will love it, too.