You’ll first want to have your homemade extracts on hand. I made four different extracts: orange with mint, Madagascar vanilla, lavender, and cinnamon. If you plan on using these for holiday gifts, it is a little too late to make the vanilla extract, however there is still plenty of time to make other extracts! I prefer Beanilla for vanilla beans, if you’d like to make that one anyway. For the lavender extract, I used equal parts lavender and high-quality vodka. Here are some great resources for making your own extracts:
What You Need:
- Homemade extracts
- 2 oz. bottles for packaging (I like SKS Bottles)
- Small box
- Kraft paper
- Tissue paper
- Baker’s twine, ribbon, or decorative string
- Label paper
- Washi tape
- Once your homemade extracts are ready to be bottled, use a funnel to carefully pour them into each of your bottles.
- Use your label paper to printable extract labels. (I used a kraft label paper). Cut each of the labels out and carefully place them on your bottles.
- Tie decorative string or baker’s twine around the bottles.
- Cut small sections of washi tape and wrap them around the toothpicks. Cut a small “v” in the washi tape to make a flag. These can be used as cake, cookie, or cupcake toppers.
- Wrap your box with kraft paper. You can add a thick decorative tape or ribbon to your box, as shown, too.
- Fill the box with tissue paper and arrange your packaged bottles and toothpick toppers in the box.
- Add a personalized note and voila! The perfect holiday gift for everyone who loves to bake!