If you are feeling stuck in your art, unable to move forward with your business, or simply feeling uninspired, it may be contributing to your overall happiness (or unhappiness) not just with your work, but your home life, too.
So this week, I have put together six full-proof tips for getting back on track down the “happiness path” in your business and in life.
And for even more inspiration, visit my Art to Inspire gift guide, featuring 20 additional prints and originals to make your heart smile, after you’ve read through this post.
1. Choose your own path: Don’t compare yourself to others. It will only get you heading down the wrong path quick. Instead, choose your own path and know that the one you choose is the absolute right path for you at this moment. Trust your intuition and let that little voice inside of you in.
2. Creativity takes courage: When you are feeling down remember that you are courageous as a creative entrepreneur. This stuff takes guts. And it can be tough. I mean come on, even Henri Matisse thinks so! Are you really going to argue with Matisse on this one?
3. Sing your own song: Be you! I can sense that you are the very best version of yourself when you are around people you feel comfortable with. Maybe your close family and friends – with them you let your hair down, you sing your own song, act a fool without apologizing, speak your brilliance, and just “get real”. If you can do it with them, you can do it with everyone else (strangers, perspective clients, and fellow biz owners included).
4. Don’t wait for inspiration. Pursue it: Don’t wait around for that magic moment to strike you. Create the magic moment yourself. If you wait, you’ll never get there. And we are not living in eternity.
5. Haters gonna hate: You have to know that “haters gonna hate”. It happens to everyone at some point. It is not just you. So, you need to remember that you cannot please everyone. Period! And you also need to learn to be okay with that. If you can do this, you will be so much happier.
6. Always radiate sunshine: Finally, make an attempt to radiate sunshine from the inside out every day. It’s the little things that bring joy to your life. If you can find those things, you will radiate happiness (and sunshine) until the end of days.
What do you do to maintain happiness in your business (and in life)?
Share your response in the comments below.