april… april fools… april showers… easter… taxes… earth day!
what are you doing this month to celebrate the earth and be more conscious of your impact on the planet? scoutie girl is so lucky to be participating with an amazing group of blogs in the “april stash bust!” here’s the idea, we’ve all got major stashes of craft supplies, leftovers, and discards. your goal is to take a look at them and see them in new ways. what can you create using only what you already have in your stash?
here at scoutie girl, you know we love to get our eco-friendliness on – and this idea was just too awesome to pass by!
i’ll be sharing interviews with artists & crafters who do some of their best work when using what they’ve got and seeing supplies in new ways. there will even be a few tutorials for simple projects that you can do to use up common craft stash items!
in the meantime, check out the other participating blogs, the stash bust contest, and stash bust swap!
And to encourage you to do the same we will be hosting an April Stash Bust contest!
To enter, take the Stash Bust pledge to not buy any new materials, tools or supplies for the month of April. Place the awesome April Stash Bust badge (created by Liz at cosa verde and available at the Stash Bust home page) on your website or blog. Create a project from your stash using only what you have on hand. Submit your finished project detailing the stash materials you used with a link to your finished project by Earth Day, April 22nd. A team of crack judges from x, x and x (to be revealed) will review the projects and choose a winner.
So what could you win?!
A lucky creative type will receive:
- “Alabama Stitch Book” by Natalie Chanin from Swap-bot.com
- A one year showcase on cosa verde for your repurposed & eco-friendly crafts
- A one year membership from Hello Craft
- A cup glove kit from Glue and Glitter
- A mini box set of volume 2 of Craft Leftovers zine (issues 1-4) from Craft Leftovers
- A Modeling Chocolate kit from Dollarstorecrafts.com
Other April Stash Bust Events:
- Super Secret Stashbusting Challenge: 10 lucky crafters will be chosen to craft with a super secret envelope of goodies from dollarstorecrafts.com [click here to apply by April 5th]
- April Stash Bust craft supply swap at Swap-bot
- Stashbusting Blog Carnival: submit what you made from your stash here.
I hope you take this opportunity to challenge yourself and your creative vision in an effort to be more conscious about the products we consume as crafters & artists! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!