en·tre·pre·neur ˌäntrəprəˈno͝or,-ˈnər/ – plural noun: entrepreneurs: A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
Creative individuals are incredible entrepreneurs. Not only do we take on considerable business risks, but we also assume financial risks for our business to make it successful. While many consider entrepreneurs primarily ‘business people’, the term is also descriptive of creative individuals seeking to turn their passion for creativity into a way to support them financially.
Consider these 15 key characteristics of entrepreneurs that also mirror the traits of creative individuals:
- Courageous: willing to take chances and are persistent
- Goal driven: lead with a sense of direction
- Artistic: a high degree of passion for art
- Honest: intellectual, reliable, and upright
- Enthusiastic: a zest for life
- Dynamic: filled with energy and new ideas
- Enterprising: willing to tackle the difficult tasks and jobs
- Perfectionists: a strong desire to achieve excellence
- Versatile: a wide range of interests, ideas, and skills
- Curious: extremely interested in new ideas and what people want
- Self-sufficient: confident in their ability to succeed
- Imaginative: always searching for something new
- Communicative: seek creative ways to communicate new ideas, concepts, and vision
- Persuasive: sell their ideas and creativity
- Risk takers: willing to risk failure in pursuit of success!